• Voters do not need to wait until Election Day November 4 to vote — they can vote early with an absentee ballot now. Voters can vote early with an absentee ballot in person at their local elections office, or request an absentee ballot to vote early by mail.
• More than 8,000 voters have registered to vote using online voter registration at mnvotes.org. Voters may pre-register for the November 4 General Election through October 14.
• College students should "decide where they reside" — whether at home, on campus, or at another address — in order to register to vote for the November 4 General Election. Read the news.
• Legislation passed during the 2014 session has paved the way for the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State to join the Electronic Registration Information Center and thereby improve the accuracy of the state's voter rolls. Read the news and the frequently asked questions.
• Visit the newsroom for recent headlines.
The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State Affirmative Action Policy is available online
Office of The Secretary | Elections & Voting | Business, Nonprofit & UCC | Notary, Apostille & Authentications
Safe at Home |Open Commissions & Appointments | Forms & Publications | Kids & Students | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions